
The boys and I went to Santa Barbara for the weekend and lived it up in true style! We arrived Friday evening just in time to see the sun set behind the pier and dunk itself in the ocean like a giant cookie. At that moment it became dark and I quickly realized we needed a room. We were lucky to find a room for the weekend at Fess Parker's Double Tree Inn. If luck couldn't get any better, I got a free up-grade to a room on the first floor with a view of the pool. The boys were given complimentary freshly made chocolate chip cookies and milk. Since the boys kept playing with the wooden blinds, they stayed open all night and the bright early sunrays lightened the room to wake us at six a.m. in the morning. We headed to pier and saw sea lions swimming. Then the boys and I went to eat at the best breakfast eatery ever (Longboards, I think). 





After breakfast, we went on a tour bus that Max thought was a Trolley Train. Toward noon time, we rode the "Land Shark" (half boat, half bus vehicle). The boys were so excited to get on the boat-bus that we waited in line for an hour to get on it- we were the first in line for a long, long time. The boys talked to the captain and co-captain about fish and boats and water (lots of water). As soon as the tour began, the boys fell asleep, luckily they woke up just as it began entering the ocean. Max picked the largest yacht and said, "That boat's mine!" then Eli saw the yellow tug taxi boat, "That one's mine, mom!" After the tour, we went to the old famous Fig Tree. This has nothing to do with my love for gardening (ok, maybe a little), Ed and I have been taking pictures in front of this tree since it our first visit to Santa Barbara together (the tree didn't even have a fence around it). I believe since it has strong roots and history, I hope that some of it rubs off on me, so I return to it every time we come up here.
The boys kept wanting to go into the (freezing) beach water, but I persuaded them to go back to the hotel and splash in the (heated) pool instead. We lounged in front of our room and watched another day come to an end as the sun submerged itself into the ocean. Before heading to bed, I called the front desk to RSVP for the Easter Egg Hunt and Easter Sunday Brunch.




When the boys heard me inquire about the easter egg hunt, they kept asking me if it was going to have CANDY! I couldn't get them to change the subject, so we head over to the Egg Hunt location an hour early. To my surprise other families were there waiting for it to begin. I had purchased some items the day before at the gift shop and decided to re-use the gift shop bags as easter baskets. The boys pulled out their crayons and began decorating them. Max and Eli wanted a picture next to the balloons, but not next to the Easter Bunny. The boys kept pointing out which eggs they were going to get. The actual egg hunt lasted about 2 minutes.




After the egg hunt excitement settled, the boys pulled out a favorite egg from their bag to show me, Eli felt jiffed- he didn't like the candy that was in it. This is one of the few pictures of us together on this weekend. We walked over to the Easter Brunch and I was stunned at how wonderful and delicious everything looked (and tasted)! The dessert area alone was worthy of a picture. In the middle of breakfast, Max decided to do a magic trick and vanish, he reappeared to finish his bacon and eggs. Eli decided to take a picture of me with his imaginary camera. We had so much fun, and we might make this a family tradition of coming up here for Easter Weekend!











No comments:
Post a Comment